Saturday, June 29, 2013

Beijing cuisine



I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new foods.  In Beijing, we've experienced pork and fennel dumplings, noodles with bean curd sauce, and the traditional hot pot dinner.  All pretty delicious!

However, today our guide asked if we would like to try one of the local delicacies, a donkey meat sandwich.  Uhhhh....ummm...is that a trick question?  I couldn't help but think of the donkey who lives down the road that Levi and I visit on the golf cart at least once a day.  I kept hearing the voice of Shrek on the movie as he calls his  friend, "Don-keeee"! We may have missed a culinary adventure, but we declined the offer.

In fact, tonight at dinner, we asked to go to a Western style restaurant.  We were dying for something familiar....some comfort food.  Where did I we end up?  Pizza Hut for cheese lovers pizza, ice cold Coke, and chocolate cake!  Donkey's got nothin on that!

1 comment:

  1. O my ! Never heard that one before though I have seen horse offered in Italy!

    ReplyDelete